More ways to connect
Tips, directions: Tour Bell's new brewhouse, Production Facility May 19-20
For those of you who will be stopping by our Open House this Saturday and Sunday (May19-20), here are some things to keep in mind.
- Our Production Facility, 8938 Krum Ave. in Comstock, will be open from noon to 5 p.m. both days. All are welcome.
- We will be grilling and serving soda.
- Be sure to grab a brochure from the table when you walk in for more details about our latest expansion.
- Afterward, stop by the Eccentric Café in downtown Kalamazoo, to sample any of our 26 different beers on taps along with special menu items.
- To help celebrate our grand opening, four downtown Kalamazoo restaurants are also offering special beers and menu items this week. For more details, take a look at our previous post.
And so you know where you are going …
To our Production Facility, from the Eccentric Café and Bell’s General Store (downtown Kalamazoo):
- Head west on E. Kalamazoo Ave.
- Take the first Left onto Pitcher St.
- Take the second Left onto E. Michigan Ave.
- Turn Right onto M-96 E
- Turn Right onto Van Bruggen St. which becomes Krum Ave. Production facility will be on the right.
To the Eccentric Café & General Store from our Production Facility:
- Head west on Krum Ave.
- Continue onto Van Bruggen St.
- Turn Left onto M-96 W/E. Michigan Ave.
- Turn Left onto E. Michigan Ave.
- Continue onto E. Kalamazoo Ave.
- General Store/Eccentric Café will be on your right: 355 E. Kalamazoo Ave.
Bell's Brewery officially opens 200-barrel brewhouse with ribbon cutting, flag raising and open house
COMSTOCK - On Monday, May 14, Bell's Brewery, Inc. kicked off a week long celebration with the grand opening of its new brewhouse and expanded production facility in Comstock, Michigan.
The day included a flag raising, a ribbon cutting and a press conference inside the new brewhouse.
For a detailed look at what happened and what our fans were saying about it on Facebook and Twitter as well as a look at how other media organizations covered the event, take a look at our Storify page here.
A public open house will be held May 19-20 from noon to 5 p.m. both days. Free food and soda will also be available.
Downtown Kalamazoo locations will help celebrate the opening of Bell's new brewhouse
Kalamazoo restaurants, along with the Eccentric Café, will join the celebration as we officially open our new 200-barrel brewhouse and expanded production facility.
Here is a look at who will be celebrating with us as well as what specials will be offered and when.
Special menu items will be offered along with Oberon, Debs’ Red and Oarsman Ale.
Special appetizers paired with Black Note, Best Brown, Oberon and Third Coast Beer.
Special menu items will be offered along with Harvest Ale, Double Cream Stout, Oarsman, Two Hearted, Pale Ale, Amber and Oberon.
Old Burdick’s Downtown
Minute to Win It Party: Celebrate with games, trivia, prizes and beer (see list above) starting at 8 p.m. A firkin of Two Hearted will also be tapped before the event at 6 p.m.
May 14: Green chili and pepper marinated chicken sate with a tomato, cucumber, cilantro and garbanzo salad with creme fraise paired with Third Coast Beer.
May 15: Chocolate decadent cake, chocolate mousse, white chocolate cream and strawberries paired with Java Stout.
May 16: Herb and panko crusted pork chops with tomato, caper relish and grilled smoked polenta paired with Cherry Stout.
May 17: Lemon rosemary chicken kabobs with kalamata, couscous and grilled pita paired with Two Hearted.
May 18: Salmon Alyeska with twice baked potato and grilled asparagus paired with Oberon.
All week long
Stop by the Eccentric Café for a selection of 26 different Bell’s beers, many of which are not available elsewhere. While you are there, be sure to check out the daily specials board to see what tasty creations our kitchen has come up with help from our smoker!
One more: May 19-20
Don’t forget to stop by our open house: From noon to 5 p.m. on both May 19 & 20, everyone is invited to take a look at our new production facility at 8938 Krum Ave. in Comstock. We will also be grilling, so bring your appetite.