Bell's beer event roundup: Dinners, Brat Festival, Chicago Craft Beer Week and more
Here is a look at Bell’s beer events this week in Michigan, Illinois and Minnesota.
5 course beer dinner
Cinco Lagos in Milford will host a five course beer dinner featuring Sparkling Ale, Double Cream Stout and others starting at 6 p.m. Call 248-684-7455 for more information. Find the menu here.
Chef's Table and beer dinner
Big E’s Sports Bar & Grill in Midland will host this beer dinner starting at 6 p.m. Reservations are required. Call 989-794-858 for more information.
Fuel Wood-Fire Grill in Port Huron will celebrate their first anniversary with Batch 9,000, Oberon, Two Hearted, Amber Ale and a great menu. Call 810-479-4933 for more information.
Bell's beer dinner
This four course dinner at Zazios in Kalamazoo will feature Smoked Vienna Lager, Oberon gelato and more starting at 5:30 p.m. Call 269-384-2650 for more information.
Seasonal Grille in Hastings will hots a dinner featuring Cherry Stout, Kalamazoo Stout, Lager, Two Hearted and Debs' Red at 7 p.m.
Michigan Beer & Brat Festival
Sample more than 50 of Michigan’s finest microbrews, local hard ciders & mead. Gourmet brats from northwest Michigan will also be served. This event is held outdoors, slope side at Crystal Mountain from 3-9 p.m. For more information, go here.
Chicago Craft Beer Week 2012
Here is a brief rundown of our events for Chicago Craft Beer Week.
May 22: Skylark - Hell Hath No Fury & Two Hearted Ale
May 23: Michigan brewery night at Beer Bistro on Madison - Smoked Vienna Lager
May 24: Tap takeover with Great Lakes Brewing Co. at Brixie’s - Smoked Vienna Lager, Harvest Ale and Black Note.
For more details, visit the official website or contact the venue.
Bell's Beer Tasting
Join Jason Gillum at Ale Jail in St. Paul for Amber Ale, Kalamazoo Stout, Lager, Oarsman, Oberon, Porter, Third Coast Beer and Two Hearted Ale. Call 651-698-9463 for more information.
Cask Ale Night
We'll be tapping a cask of Two Heated at Gun Flint Tavern in Grand Marais to kick off the Memorial Day weekend at 5 p.m. sharp. Call 218-387-1563 for more information.
Join us for Bell’s night at Romans’ Pub in Milwaukee for Black Note and Batch 9,000 on May 31 and two tastings in Minnesota.
Tips, directions: Tour Bell's new brewhouse, Production Facility May 19-20
For those of you who will be stopping by our Open House this Saturday and Sunday (May19-20), here are some things to keep in mind.
- Our Production Facility, 8938 Krum Ave. in Comstock, will be open from noon to 5 p.m. both days. All are welcome.
- We will be grilling and serving soda.
- Be sure to grab a brochure from the table when you walk in for more details about our latest expansion.
- Afterward, stop by the Eccentric Café in downtown Kalamazoo, to sample any of our 26 different beers on taps along with special menu items.
- To help celebrate our grand opening, four downtown Kalamazoo restaurants are also offering special beers and menu items this week. For more details, take a look at our previous post.
And so you know where you are going …
To our Production Facility, from the Eccentric Café and Bell’s General Store (downtown Kalamazoo):
- Head west on E. Kalamazoo Ave.
- Take the first Left onto Pitcher St.
- Take the second Left onto E. Michigan Ave.
- Turn Right onto M-96 E
- Turn Right onto Van Bruggen St. which becomes Krum Ave. Production facility will be on the right.
To the Eccentric Café & General Store from our Production Facility:
- Head west on Krum Ave.
- Continue onto Van Bruggen St.
- Turn Left onto M-96 W/E. Michigan Ave.
- Turn Left onto E. Michigan Ave.
- Continue onto E. Kalamazoo Ave.
- General Store/Eccentric Café will be on your right: 355 E. Kalamazoo Ave.
Bell's Brewery officially opens 200-barrel brewhouse with ribbon cutting, flag raising and open house
COMSTOCK - On Monday, May 14, Bell's Brewery, Inc. kicked off a week long celebration with the grand opening of its new brewhouse and expanded production facility in Comstock, Michigan.
The day included a flag raising, a ribbon cutting and a press conference inside the new brewhouse.
For a detailed look at what happened and what our fans were saying about it on Facebook and Twitter as well as a look at how other media organizations covered the event, take a look at our Storify page here.
A public open house will be held May 19-20 from noon to 5 p.m. both days. Free food and soda will also be available.