More ways to connect
Kalamazoo Beer Week 2014: Bell's events for Jan. 10-18
Here are our events for Kalamazoo Beer Week 2014. We will update this list as additional details become available.
Pre-Kalamazoo Beer Week Tasting: Bell’s General Store, 4-7 p.m.
Jan. 11 - 18
Bell's Beer Dinner Menu: Rustica, Kalamazoo, $42 per person
First course: Braised Otto’s Chicken Salad - Arugula, blood orange, tangerine and Garlic Vinaigrette paired with Smitten Golden Rye Ale
Second course: Mushroom Rigatoni - Black truffle purée and pecorino paired with Special Double Cream Stout
Entree: Braised Beef Brisket - Puff Pastry, squash, peppers, demi-glacé paired with Kalamazoo Stout
2nd Annual Bell’s Snow Jog Adventure (Leisure) Race & Challenge: Multiple locations, downtown Kalamazoo. Proceeds will benefit Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes.
Sunday Beer Brunch: Eccentric Café, noon to 3 p.m. Cost is $15 for an all you can eat buffet or $8 for kids. Specialty beer cocktails will also be available.
Craft Beer & Crafts Night: Eccentric Café, 5-9 p.m. Admission is free. Variety of craft beer related crafts. Learn how to paint a unique craft beer painting from our friends at Happy Our Art - seats are limited for this portion and can be reserved here. Too Koi Designs will also give a screen printing demo.
Bell's Happy Hour(s) with Laura Bell: Central City Tap House, Kalamazoo, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Black Note, Hopslam, Rye Stout, Sweet Potato Stout and Red Nose ESB will be on tap.
Smitten Tasting: MegaBev, Kalamazoo, 4-8 p.m.
Rare Beer, Cured Meat & Cheese Party: Eccentric Café, 5 p.m. until it’s gone
• Bourbon Barrel Dagger Stout
• Chocolate Covered Cherry Double Cream Stout
• Toasted Coconut Java Stout
• Breakfast Blend Double Cream Stout
• Le Bretteur
• Aged Third Coast Old Ale 4-year-old Expedition Stout
• Salame Cotto
• Delaware Fireball
• House cure pork belly
• House made white fish pate
• House cured salami
• Dunbarton Blue
• Vella Dry Jack
• Spanish Mahon
• Smokey Blue
• Black Diamond White Cheddar
• Saint Angel
Bell's Beer Dinner And A Movie: Alamo Drafthouse, Kalamazoo. Five courses mirroring Brad Pitt in the film Ocean's 11. ON THE MENU - Round 1 - Rusty's Nachos: Corn tortillas topped with beans, melted cheese and beer-marinated ground beef paired with Third Coast Beer; Round 2 - Ceaser Palace Salad: Fresh romaine hearts tossed in Cesar dressing and topped with fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and balsamic reduction paired with Amber Ale; Round 3 - Only in the Morning: A beer-centric take on the classic shrimp cocktail - Beer battered, spicy shrimp matched with beer-infused cocktail sauce paired with the rarely seen Roundhouse India Red Ale; Round 4 - 30 Minutes of Breathing Time: Penne pasta baked with house made marinara and Italian sausage served with a side of garlic bread paired with Two Hearted Ale; Round 5 - The Getaway: A spearmint lollipop for dessert paired with Third Coast Old Ale
Jort-Slam Hopslam Party: Eccentric Café, 8 p.m. Enjoy Hopslam and Smitten while singing on our stage with back-up from Live Band Karaoke. Don’t forget your jorts!
Minute To Win It Party: Shakespeare's Pub, Kalamazoo, 7 p.m. Multiple beers on tap.
- Corn & Leek Chowder paired with Third Coast Beer
- Smoked Salmon Profiterole - House smoked salmon mousse, crème faiche paired with Smitten Golden Rye
- Rustic Grilled Vegetable Tart - Roasted garlic, caramelized onion, grilled vegetables and Moody Blue cheese paired with Hopslam
- Grilled Char Siu Duck Confit - Chinese barbeque grilled duck served with Jasmine rice paired with Porter
- Santa Maria Beef - Tender dry-rubbed beef shoulder, sweet potato cake and stout scented jus paired with Cherry Stout
Winternoon Warmer Patio Party: Eccentric Café, noon. Heaters will be on and a live auction (various items) will benefit The YWCA of Kalamazoo.
In addition to these events, we will also be giving weekend brewery tours. For details and times, go here.
Photos: Bell's Bar in Grand Rapids, Michigan
On Dec. 19, 2013, an official ribbon cutting was held to celebrate the opening of the Bell's Bar inside the Gerald R. Ford International Airport in Grand Rapids. The bar offers a variety of Bell's beer, Bell's inspired food and is located outside of security so, tickets are not required to visit.
Submit your design for a craft beer mosaic to benefit The YWCA of Kalamazoo
We're looking for inspired artists for a special project as part of our events for Kalamazoo Beer Week 2014.
Beginning Dec. 17, we will accept designs for a Bell’s or craft beer related mosaic to be assembled with bottle caps during one of our KBW events in January.
“This is a project that celebrates our local art culture and gives back to our community,” said Laura Bell, Bell’s Vice President.
“We can’t wait to see what people come up. There are a lot of very talented Bell’s fans out there,” she added.
The completed mosaic should be no larger than 5 feet tall by 3 feet wide and will be auctioned off at the conclusion of KBW on Saturday, January 18th with proceeds going to The YWCA of Kalamazoo.
The winning artist will also receive a special Bell’s prize.
Entry, judging details
- Deadline to enter is Dec. 27 Jan. 3. Designs must incorporate the following colors: gold, black, green, silver, orange, red, white and/or yellow.
- Judges will pick the finalists and those designs will be uploaded to a photo album on the Eccentric Cafe's Facebook page to then be voted on. The entry with the most Likes by Jan. 3 will be assembled at a Craft Beer and Crafts Night on Jan. 13 at the Eccentric Café in downtown Kalamazoo.
- Entries must also include your full name, age, place of residence, preferred contact number and email address. You must be 21 or older and will be required to sign a release form in order to be considered.
- Entries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Look for a complete list of all our events for Kalamazoo Beer Week 2014 soon as well.