LOCATION: Comstock Brewery
REPORTS TO: Cellar Operations Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Hourly Employee
POSTING DATES: 04/04/2014-04/27/2014
POSITION SUMMARY: Works in the Beer Production Department to operate and maintain equipment needed to manage yeast, monitor fermentation, and oversee conditioning of beer. Assists in a variety of aspects throughout the business as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains workplace safety while upholding quality standards.
- Operates CIP (Clean In Place) system and Cellar equipment according to standardized operating procedures.
- Continual lifting, dragging, carrying, and manipulating of hoses, parts, pumps, buckets, and reservoirs, requiring standing, walking, crouching, and lifting regularly throughout the duration of shift
- Yeast handling, including laboratory cell counts, pitching, and cropping yeast.
- Sanitation of all beer contact surfaces and equipment.
- Centrifugation and transferring of beer; setup and tear-down of hard and soft piping assemblies.
- Prepares beer for Packaging department.
- Monitors fermentations.
- Standing, walking, crouching, and lifting regularly throughout duration of shift.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and cleaning on equipment and infrastructure.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonably accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Computer Automation systems
- Cleaning and Sanitizing Chemicals
- Hoses, valves, clamps, gaskets, and other brewery equipment
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Positive outlook and attitude.
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time.
- Self motivated with good time management skills.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments according to schedule.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the brewery.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of a brewery.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water, and steam.
- The employee frequently must work in a sanitary environment.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer