LOCATION: Eccentric Café, Kalamazoo, MI
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Manager
FLSA POSITION TYPE: Part Time, Hourly Non-Exempt
SHIFT: Flexible days from 5:00am- 12:30pm, 2-4 Shifts per week, 1 weekend shift required.
EXTERNAL POSTING DATES: 05/25/2016-06/19/2016
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for all cleaning and sanitation activities associated with employee and public common areas
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery
- Sweep, vacuum, and mop floors and stairways
- Gather and empty trashes
- Dust such items as blinds, furniture, file cabinets, and windowsills using treated dust mittens, cloths, or hand-cleaning items
- Observe appearances and conditions of premises and equipment; notify managers concerning needed repairs, safety hazards, or conditions
- Maintain an inventory of cleaning and toiletry supplies
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms
- Occasionally help set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, and ladders to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Housekeeping equipment (i.e. vacuum, floor scrubber, etc)
- Cleaning agents and other hazardous chemicals
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards
- Confidence to speak up and act when safety and quality are compromised
- The ability to positively engage customers and employees; providing constructive criticism with the goal of increasing performance while maintaining a high level of departmental morale
- A deep awareness of the importance of sanitation in food and beverage processing environments
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Sound judgment and professionalism in all aspects of the position
- Organizational skills
- Team player
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Prior housekeeping experience
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assess priorities effectively
- Working knowledge of floor finishing processes, cleaning chemicals, and housekeeping best practices in industrial and commercial operations.
- Provide own transportation between job sites
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk for periods of time.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is that of a brewery and pub.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water, and steam.
- The employee frequently must work in a sanitary environment.
- Occasionally exposed to loud, moving mechanical equipment; high precarious places; fumes or corrosive chemicals; hot and cold; weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.