Packaging Maintenance Technician
LOCATION: Comstock Brewery
REPORTS TO: Packaging Maintenance Lead
POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Hourly Employee
SHIFT: 2nd and 3rd shift openings
POSTING DATES: 11/25/2014- 1/4/2015
POSITION SUMMARY: Works to upkeep and repair equipment and assets in the brewery. Assists in a variety of aspects throughout the business as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery, Inc.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems within the brewery.
- Performs maintenance work on packaging and infrastructure equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance routines as designated by the Packaging Maintenance Lead.
- Works with equipment calibration procedures.
- Assists with new equipment installation and startup.
- Works closely with outside contractors.
- Covers rotating shifts on an “as needed” basis.
- Rotating “On-call” responsibilities for after-hours and weekend emergency duties.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A variety of hand tools
- Fork and scissor lifts
- Cleaning agents and other hazardous chemicals.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skills applicable to general maintenance functions. This skill set should include mechanical, electrical, plumbing, welding, pneumatics, pipefitting, and boiler/steam.
- Organizational skills: must be able to efficiently multi-task and prioritize.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to be comfortable in a team environment with a great deal of interdepartmental coordination.
- Working knowledge of brewing/process equipment including: electrical controls, process instrumentation, Programmable Logical Controllers.
- Experience in a production brewing or packaging environment with an understanding of lock-out/tag-out and other core safety issues.
- The ability to safely handle reagents and other potentially hazardous chemicals & train others in safe practice.
- The ability and aptitude to work with and troubleshoot equipment.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in preventative maintenance.
- Prior experience in maintenance, repair, engineering, or related field.
- Formal maintenance education, training, certifications, or accreditation, a plus.
- Access to personal tools, must supply own basic hand tools.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of a production brewery & surrounding grounds.
- The employee frequently must work in a sterile environment.
- The noise level in certain parts of the brewery is occasionally loud (80+ dB).
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, flame, hot water, and steam.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
- The employee works near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.