LOCATION: Kalamazoo, MI, Bell’s General Store
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
POSITION TYPE: Part-time, Hourly
POSTING DATES: 11/24/2014- 1/4/2015
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists retail customers and maintains stock levels while keeping a neat and orderly workplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery
- Assist customers by describing beer and finding their desired item(s)
- Assist customers with concerns
- Perform opening/closing duties
- Answer the telephone and pass callers to the proper authority
- Accurately tender money and give change for purchases made in the store
- Keeps up on and follows store policies, discounts, online packages, promotions, etc.
- Uphold visual presentation throughout the store (clean, dust, and organize)
- Keep all store areas neat and stocked
- Ensure that food items are stocked and rotated
- Find projects to complete during down times
- Assist with keg orders
- Flexible schedule, nights and weekends required
- May be assigned to special projects
- Knows policies incl. beer, food, payment, guests, logs, etc. regarding band
- May be asked to assist other departments
- Able to assist with online orders and POS orders
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Multi-line phone system
- POS System
- Credit card machine
- Standard desktop computer
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player
- Quick thinker & problem solver
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Prior money handling experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Extensive beer knowledge
- Knowledge of home brewing process
- The love and passion for craft beer is a must!
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to be on your feet and walk a majority of the time. Walking surfaces may be wet and/or slippery.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 lbs, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs, and occasionally maneuver 165 lb kegs
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is primarily performed in a retail setting.
- Alcohol serving environment
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.