LOCATION: Eccentric Café
REPORTS TO: Bar Manager
POSITION TYPE: Part-time, Hourly
POSTING DATES: 2/12/2015-03/01/2015
POSITION SUMMARY: Serving patrons with a friendly attitude and knowledge of Bell’s products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery
- Opening/closing duties
- Cleaning and stocking glassware
- Serving alcohol to customers responsibly & politely
- Cutting off individuals & communicating to proper channels
- Assist kitchen; take food orders & handle money & pagers, expedite food, etc.
- Stocking bottled beer, soda & soda syrups, & inventory
- Answering the telephone and passing callers to the proper authority
- Accurately tendering money and giving change for purchases made at the bar
- Beer knowledge: Accurately describe all beers on tap & bottles in cooler, compare & contrast beers & styles, know proper glassware, tiers, and price points
- Must have a flexible schedule, nights and weekends are required
- May be asked to assist other departments
- May be assigned to special projects
- Full knowledge of all employee discounts, policies, procedures for sales reps & guests
- Band handling: Know policies including beer, food, payment, guests, logs, etc. regarding band
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Twenty faucet draught System
- Electric glass washer
- Soaps and cleansers
- POS system
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Interpersonal skills
- Efficient money handling skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Initiative & proactive disposition
- Extensive beer knowledge
- Prior bar or restaurant experience
- POS system experience (Aloha, etc)
- TiPS/Tam certified
- Problem solving skills
- Craft beer knowledge
- Previous experience in a bar atmosphere checking and verify ID’s
- Knowledge of proper keg lifting techniques
- Prior money handling experience
- Strong leadership
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. and occasionally maneuver 165 lb. kegs
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Late nights/Early mornings
- More than one project going on at once
- Managing many different personalities and schedules
- Alcohol serving environment
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.