LOCATION: Brewery, Comstock, MI
REPORTS TO: Beer Production Shift Leader
POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Hourly
SHIFT: 3rd (Sunday-Thursday 9:00pm- 5:00am)
POSTING DATES: 09/09/2015-10/04/2015
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for completing all of the day-to-day activities necessary to make high quality beer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery, Inc.
- Directly responsible for maintaining Bell’s quality standards in all areas of Beer Production.
- Maintain a sanitary and micro-biologically stable work environment through CIP (Clean in Place) procedures and solid general housekeeping practices.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Brewhouse operation.
- Yeast handling, including laboratory cell counts, pitching, and cropping yeast.
- Monitor fermentations including routine analysis of in-process beer.
- Centrifuge/filter operation.
- Setup and tear-down of hard and soft piping assemblies.
- Carbonate beer and prepare for it for Packaging customers.
- Continual lifting, dragging, carrying, and manipulating of hoses, parts, pumps, buckets, and reservoirs, requiring standing, walking, crouching, and lifting regularly throughout the duration of shift
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment and infrastructure.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Computer and other process automation systems.
- Brewing raw materials.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing Chemicals
- Pumps, hoses, valves, clamps, gaskets, and other brewery equipment
- Fork lift/aerial lift truck.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Positive outlook and attitude.
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time.
- Self motivated with good time management skills.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments according to schedule.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the brewery.
- Work off shifts including weekends and holidays.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- An accredited Brewing Certification or related science degree.
- >2 years’ experience in a production brewery.
- Demonstrated understanding of the brewing process.
- Outstanding communication and problem solving skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of a brewery.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water, and steam.
- The employee frequently must work in a sanitary environment.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.