LOCATION: Eccentric Café
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Manager
POSITION TYPE: Part Time, Hourly
POSTING DATES: 04/21/2015- 05/31/2015
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for all cleaning and sanitation activities associated with employee and public common areas
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery
- Sweep, vacuum, and mop floors and stairways
- Gather and empty trashes
- Dust such items as blinds, furniture, file cabinets, and windowsills using treated dust mittens, cloths, or hand-cleaning items
- Observe appearances and conditions of premises and equipment; notify managers concerning needed repairs, safety hazards, or conditions
- Maintain an inventory of cleaning and toiletry supplies
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms
- Occasionally help set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, and ladders to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Access to a personal vehicle
- Housekeeping equipment (i.e. vacuum, floor scrubber, etc)
- Cleaning agents and other hazardous chemicals
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards
- Confidence to speak up and act when safety and quality are compromised
- The ability to positively engage customers and employees; providing constructive criticism with the goal of increasing performance while maintaining a high level of departmental morale
- A deep awareness of the importance of sanitation in food and beverage processing environments
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Sound judgment and professionalism in all aspects of the position
- Organizational skills
- Team player
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Prior housekeeping experience
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assess priorities effectively
- Working knowledge of floor finishing processes, cleaning chemicals, and housekeeping best practices in industrial and commercial operations.
- Provide own transportation between job sites
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk for periods of time.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is that of a brewery and pub.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water, and steam.
- The employee frequently must work in a sanitary environment.
- Occasionally exposed to loud, moving mechanical equipment; high precarious places; fumes or corrosive chemicals; hot and cold; weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.