LOCATION: Comstock Brewery
REPORTS TO: Line Leader and Assistant Packaging Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Hourly Employee
POSTING DATES: 04/03/2015- 4/26/2015
POSITION SUMMARY: Works in the Packaging Department to operate and maintain equipment needed to package beer in a variety of containers including kegs, bottles and cans. Assists in a variety of aspects throughout the business as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery, Inc.
- Operates packaging department equipment.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance routines as designated by the Packaging Manager.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems within the department.
- Understands and adheres to safety standards.
- Cleans and maintains bottling/kegging/canning facilities.
- Alerts the Line Leader or other management personnel to potential quality concerns.
- Functions well working in a team environment.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Automated packaging equipment
- Forklift trucks
- A variety of hand and power tools
- Cleaning agents and other hazardous chemicals
- Limited computer use
- Hand Held Bar Code Scanner
- Touchscreen machine controls
- Compressed air or other gasses, including C02
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in a production/packaging environment
- An understanding of lock-out/tag-out and other core safety issues.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to be comfortable working in a team environment with a great deal of interdepartmental coordination.
- The ability and aptitude to work with and troubleshoot equipment.
- The ability to operate a forklift.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of a brewing and packaging facility.
- The employee frequently must work in a sterile environment.
- The noise level in the packaging facilities is frequently loud (80+ dB)
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, flame, hot water, and steam.
- The employee comes in contact with and has to handle broken glass.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
- The employee works near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.