LOCATION: General Store, Kalamazoo, MI
REPORTS TO: Lead Store Clerk
POSITION TYPE: Part-time, Hourly
INTERNAL POSTING DATES: 04/22/2016-05/15/2016
EXTERNAL POSTING DATES: 04/22/2016-05/15/2016
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists retail customers and maintains stock levels while keeping a neat and orderly workplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery.
- Assists customers by describing beer and finding their desired item(s).
- Assists customers with concerns.
- Answers telephone and passes callers to proper authority.
- Accurately tenders money and gives change for purchases made in the store.
- Keeps up on and follows store policies, discounts, promotions, etc.
- Assists with keg and homebrew orders as needed.
- Upholds visual presentation throughout the store (clean, dust, organize).
- Performs opening/closing duties.
- Keeps all store areas neat and stocked.
- Ensures that food items and beer are stocked and rotated.
- Finds projects to complete during down times.
- Flexible schedule, nights and weekends required.
- Assists with Online Store and POS orders
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Multi- line phone system
- POS System
- Credit card machine
- Grain mill
- Growler station
- Tools required to replace CO2 tanks and thoroughly clean sanke couplers
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
- Quick thinker with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexibility and adaptability to an ever-changing environment.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Extensive beer knowledge
- Knowledge of homebrewing process
- Previous customer service experience
- Prior money handling experience
- The love and passion for craft beer is a must!
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to be on your feet and walk for long periods of time. Walking surfaces may be wet and/or slippery.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 lbs and occasionally maneuver kegs up to 165 lbs with a partner.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stay focused during long hours.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is primarily performed in a retail setting and cooler storage areas.
- Will occasionally spend time in a warehouse setting.
- Alcohol serving environment.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.