A delicious and tasty recipe for our Lo-Cal, year-round beer, Light Hearted!
- 12 lbs of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups of fresh snow pea pods
- 2 cups of matchstick carrots
- 1 large red onion, small dice
- 3 Tbs minced garlic
- 3 Tbs minced ginger
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 3 Tbs canola oil
- 2 oranges, zested and segmented
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sake mirin
- Season with salt and pepper
- Steamed rice and sliced green onion for garnish
- In the largest skillet you have, add the oil and heat it up until the oil shimmers.
- Toss in the onion, carrots, pea pods, and jalapeno and sauté on high heat until the vegetables are slightly starting to brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger, cook until fragrant
- Add the shrimp, soy sauce, and mirin. Continue cooking over high heat, continuously stirring until the shrimp are cooked.
- Off of the heat, toss in the orange zest and orange segments
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed, and serve with steamed rice, thinly sliced green onion, and a pint of Light Hearted Ale.