Belle Saison is an ale yeast of Belgian origin selected for its ability to produce great Saison-style beer. The propagation and drying processes have been specifically designed to deliver high quality beer yeast that can be used simply and reliably to help produce ales of the finest quality. No colours, preservatives or other unnatural substances have been used in its preparation. The yeast is produced in ISO 9002-certified plants.
• Classified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae
• Top-fermenting yeast
• Typical analysis of active dry strain:
• Solids 93%-95%
• Living yeast cells ≥5 x 109 per gram of dry yeast
• Wild yeast <1 per 106 yeast cells* (Lysine method)
• Bacteria <1 per 106 yeast cells*
• Finished product is released to market only after passing a rigorous series of tests
*According to ASBC and EBC methods of analysis
Lallemand's vacuum-sealing method minimizes packaged air and moisture while giving the user a visible and tactile assurance that the package is airtight.