We are closely approaching the annual release of Oberon, our American Wheat Ale. Here’s everything you need to know about celebrating Oberon Day 2023:
When is Oberon Day?
Oberon is released on Monday, March 20 in all the states we distribute.
Are there any special parties?
Yes, there are several launch parties across the country. See a list here
Where can I get Oberon?
Oberon should be available at most locations that sell or serve our beer. Call ahead before heading out on Oberon Day and check out our Beer Finder.
Is there Oberon gear?
Is there ever — check out our latest Oberon gear at our General Store or online.
Did you change the recipe this year?
We get this question a lot. No, we have not changed the recipe for Oberon this year and have no plans to do so. Learn more about why Oberon might taste different on our Help Center.
When can I get mini kegs?
Mini kegs will come out around Memorial Day weekend. Keep an eye on our website and social media for more details when they are announced.
Will there be Oberon Donuts?
Yes, Sweetwaters Donut Mill will be selling Oberon Donuts again this year. There’s also three new fun Oberon inspired offerings in Kalamazoo:
- La Familia Café: an Oberon-inspired taco special and a dessert special.
- Cherri’s Chocol’art: Oberon Day Monster Milkshake, which will include a blue rim, cotton candy, a chocolate moon, and a gummy orange slice
- PopCity Popcorn: orange cream caramel corn drizzled with blue chocolate.
OK, but what is Oberon?
Check out our Oberon brand page for more information on all things Oberon.
Any other questions?
Check out our Help Center for everything
What’s happening at the Eccentric Café?
We have a fun-filled day at the Eccentric Café starting at 10 a.m. Great Lakes Brass will be stopping by in the morning to get us started, May Erlewine & the Motivations will carry us through the afternoon, and we’ll close the night out with DJ Kalamazoo. With camp craft tables, a campfire at dusk, a sailboat bar, and a photo bus, this is sure to be a summer adventure you won’t forget. Note: the Café will be ages 21 and up all day.
Beer on Draft
- Pineapple Jalapeno Oberon
- Peach Oberon (also released in General Store on 3/23)
- Blood Orange Oberon (also released in General Store on 3/29)
- Creamsicle Oberon
- Watermelon Basil Oberon
- Chipotle Lime Oberon
- Fruit Punch Oberon
- Raspberry Hibiscus Oberon
- With an extended tap list inside
Oberon Day Menu
- Oberon brats
- Popcorn (vegetarian)
- Pulled Pork with Cherry Hab BBQ
- Noodle Salad (vegan)
- Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Chips (vegan)
- Drunken Tots
- Veggie Burrito (vegetarian)
- 10am: Great Lakes Brass raise the Oberon Flag
- 10am: Camp Craft Tents with Friendship Bracelet Making
- 12pm: 107.7 WRKR Live in the Parking Lot
- 3pm: May Erlewine & The Motivations
- 6pm: Kalamazoo DJ
- 9:30pm: Last Call
Oberon in Kalamazoo
Our friends at Discover Kalamazoo helped us Camp Counselors out by putting together some special lodging packages and events going on for Oberon Day! You can check those out on their website.
Oberon Day at the Eccentric Café FAQs
- Do I have to buy tickets? Nope, Oberon Day is free.
- Where can I park? Free parking is available in our Parking Emporium on the corner of Pitcher Street and Michigan Ave. Free parking is also available in our lot off Porter Street just north of the Café. Street parking is also available near the Café. Please note part of Porter Street will be closed for the event.
- Can I buy crowlers of the Oberon variants? Nope. If interested, Peach Oberon will be released in the General Store in 6-packs on 3/23 and Blood Orange Oberon on 3/29.
- Will you have anything to drink besides beer? We will have wine and soda available. Cider and/or Mead will also be on the tap list.
- Am I able to receive table-side service inside the Pub? All service will be bar service only to meet the customer demand. You will be able to order food and beverage at the bar and be served those items before leaving the line.
- Where should I stay for Oberon Day? You can find special Oberon hotel packages here.
- Is the event handicap accessible? The event is entirely accessible, please note if you need any additional accommodation reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.