You’ve probably had deviled eggs before… but have you had them the Eccentric way? Chef Kris shares the Eccentric Café’s recipe with us… and they are tasty.
- 2 dozen eggs, hard boiled, peeled, halved, with yolk removed
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- Flaked sea salt for garnish
- Prep the Egg Yolks: Place the yolks from the hard boiled eggs into a food processor and pulse until they are broken up.
- Mix in the Flavors: Add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, curry powder, and celery seed to the food processor. Pulse the mixture until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Fill the Egg Whites: Spoon the yolk mixture into a piping bag or a zip-top bag with a corner cut off. Pipe the mixture into the cavities of the egg whites, filling them generously.
- Garnish and Serve: Sprinkle flaked sea salt over the filled egg halves before serving.