Check out this recipe for one of our favorite foods paired with the Best Beer in America. Cheers!
- 8 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 TBS vegetable oil
- 12 oz. Two Hearted Ale
- 1-2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Taco shells
- Your favorite salsa/slaw
- Diced onion
Yields: 12-15 servings
1. In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Sear the chicken on both sides, add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is slightly translucent. Add all of the spices and stir to make sure everything is coated.
2. Deglaze the pan with Two Hearted Ale and 1 cup of the chicken stock and bring to a boil. If chicken isn’t fully covered with liquid, add more of the chicken stock.
3. Lower the heat so that the chicken is simmering in the liquid. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken can be shredded.
4. Once cooked, pull the chicken out of the liquid (use tongs or a slotted spoon as the chicken will be hot), pull the chicken off the bone, and shred. Put chicken back in the liquid and you are ready to have some delicious tacos!
5. Pour yourself a pint of Two Hearted, you deserve it!