Homebrewers, rejoice! Our Homebrew Competition is back for 2023.
We’re changing things up a bit this year so that more people will be able to participate in the greatest homebrewing competition around. Contestants will be able to use whatever malt they desire, not just wort from our General Store. Don’t worry, we’ll still be offering free grain pick-up for those of you that love to stick to tradition (or just want a reason to visit your pals here at Bell’s). It’s important to note that we’re giving out free malt this year, not wort.
Here’s a quick rundown of the competition timeline:
- October 1: Registration opens via Etix
- Use this link
- Those of you that wish to register in person can chat with one of our General Store staff members who can help get you registered online
- November 5: National Learn to Homebrew Day and Free Grain Pick-Up
- The beers of our two previous Homebrew Competition winners will be tapped at noon
- Grain Pick-up starts at 3pm
- Brewers and vendors will be hanging out to chat with you and celebrate homebrewing
- Registration closes at 7pm
- November 6: Beer drop-off begins
- December 23: Beer drop-off closes
Judging will take place in the weeks following the last beer drop off. The winner will receive the chance to brew their beer with us and tap it in the Eccentric Café, entry into the GABF PRO-AM, a trip to the GABF in Colorado, free entry into one of the GABF sessions, a VIP experience at New Belgium Brewing during said trip, and attendance at market events with a Bell’s Liaison. Cheers!