Homebrewers, rejoice! Our Homebrew Competition is back for 2023.
We’re changing things up a bit this year so that more people will be able to participate in the greatest homebrewing competition around. Contestants will be able to use whatever malt they desire, not just wort from our General Store. Don’t worry, we’ll still be offering free grain pick-up for those of you that love to stick to tradition (or just want a reason to visit your pals here at Bell’s). It’s important to note that we’re giving out free malt this year, not wort.
Here’s a quick rundown of the competition timeline:
- October 1: Registration opens via Etix
- Link will be provided via this blog post and the Eccentric Café and General Store social channels on this day
- Those of you that wish to register in person can chat with one of our General Store staff members who can help get you registered online
- November 5: National Learn to Homebrew Day and Free Grain Pick-Up
- The beers of our two previous Homebrew Competition winners will be tapped
- We will be offering tours of our downtown brewery
- November 6: Registration closes and beer drop-off begins
- December 23: Beer drop-off closes
Judging will take place in the weeks following the last beer drop off. Check back to this blog post and keep an eye on our social channels for more information regarding the prize and other homebrewing fun we have in store for you. Cheers!