This recipe works with any of our stouts and creates a delightful and rich dessert or snack.
- 1 cup of any Bell’s stout
- 16 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup and 2 TBS unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x9x2 inch baking pan with foil, leaving a 2 inch overhang.
- Bring stout to a boil in a medium sauce pan; cook until reduced to 1⁄2 cup, about 12 mins. Let cool. Set aside 1⁄4 cup stout.
- Next, stir 12oz. chocolate and 1 cup butter in a medium metal bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Whisk sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl until blended. Gradually whisk in the chocolate mixture, then 1⁄4 cup of the reduced stout. Fold in flour and salt, pour batter into your
- Bake brownies until surface begins to crack and a cake tester inserted into center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached (about 30-40 mins).
- Transfer pan into wire rack and let cool for at least 20 mins.
- Stir in remaining 4 oz. chocolate in a medium bowl set over a pan of simmering water, until melted and smooth. Add reserved 1⁄4 cup of reduced stout, remaining 2 TBS butter and 1⁄4 tsp. salt. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour warm glaze over brownies. Let stand at room temp until glaze is set (about 40 mins). These can be made 8 hours ahead.