Here’s another great way to use Bell’s Christmas Ale for a sweet treat!
Yields about 3 dozen cookies.
- 3/4 cup butter (melted and cooled)
- 3/4 cup and 1 TBS brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup Christmas Ale
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a few sheet trays with parchment paper.
- Mix together melted butter, brown sugar, molasses, Christmas Ale, salt, spices, and egg.
- Whisk baking powder and baking soda with the flour and mix into the Christmas Ale mixture.
- Divide the dough in half, wrap each in plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Once the dough is chilled, roll the dough out on a floured work surface to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut out desired shapes and bake for 8-12 minutes, or until the edges have browned and the cookies are firm.
- Cool completely and decorate with icing, candy, or form into your very own gingerbread brewhouse!
Enjoy with a pint of ChristmasAle!