Good things come in threes. Bell’s Two Hearted Caramel Corn recipe is spicy, salty and sweet, making it the perfect snack to satisfy all your cravings! Yields about 1 gallon.
- 15 cups popped plain popcorn (from about 1/2 cup kernels)
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 12 TBS unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces, and more to coat pan
- 1/4 cup and 2 TBS light corn syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 10 dashes of hot sauce
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of Two Hearted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250°F and place popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, salt, lime zest, hot sauce, cayenne, and Two Hearted. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda, mix well. Pour over popcorn and stir until well-coated. Pour into two greased 13×9 inch baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250°F for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in air-tight containers.