Chocolate bread is the perfect winter treat, and adding cherries only makes it better.
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) Bell’s Christmas Ale
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4 TBS melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl, soak the cherries in the Bell’s Christmas Ale for 20 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar.
- Add the beer and cherry mixture to the flour mixture and mix until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips and 3 TBS of the melted butter (reserve 1 TBS).
- In a well-greased loaf pan, spread the dough to fit the pan. Brush the remaining 1 TBS of melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until the crust is golden brown and crisp. Remove from the pan immediately and allow it to cool about 10 minutes before slicing.
Enjoy with a pint of Christmas Ale!