This recipe makes 6-8 servings and is best enjoyed with a Light Hearted (or a few).
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp ground nutmeg
- 2tsp ground Allspice
- 3tsp paprika
- 2tsp dried thyme
- Red onion – peeled and rough chop
- 6 Habanero peppers – remove seeds
- 2tsp sea salt
- ¾ C dark brown sugar
- 1/2 C mustard powder
- 4 limes, zest, and juice
- 1 head of garlic, peeled
- ½ C Cider vinegar
- 1 can of Bell’s Light Hearted or chicken broth
- 2 whole chickens cut into portions, drumsticks, thigh, breast, bone-in cut in half Or 8 chicken thighs/drumsticks
- In a blender, place all ingredients (except Chicken) and blend until smooth. Place chicken pieces in a large bowl or Ziploc bag, cover and coat with the marinade, refrigerate overnight, up to 2 days ahead.
- Place chicken on a foiled tray, remove some of the marinade, bake at 275*F for 25 minutes. Preheat BBQ grill to medium-hot.
- Remove chicken from the oven and finish on the grill until the skin begins charred and golden brown. Do not burn!
- Remove from grill and serve with rice and beans, grilled corn on the cob, and a pint of Bell’s Light Hearted Ale